Usually, only a couple can understand each other better than anyone else. However, this is not the case every time. When a girl becomes pregnant, she needs someone else who can understand her better. During pregnancy, a woman’s body goes through a lot of changes, which she neither understands on her own nor can express to her husband. This is where a doula comes in play. Now, in order to understand the importance of doula, you need to know the job role a doula, first. You can also search this online as define doula. A doula is a Greek word, which means “a woman who serves.” A doula helps the mother and family before, during and after the birth.
Benefits of having a doula by your side:
- It is reported that families who had hired a doula, did not need cesarean sections during birth.
- Women can cope with the pain more easily by having a doula encouraging them.
- Doctors have reported that they do not have to use forceps and vacuum during the delivery.
- Doula also makes the labor length shorter.
- Due to the encouragement of doula, pain medication request by mother also gets reduced.
- When sometimes the things go off the rails, then a doula helps the family to take the decision with a calm mind.
Doulas are trained professionals:
Most like other professions, like doctors, engineers, midwives, psychologists, etc. a doula also goes through several training courses. These courses enable them to develop their skills over time, and they tend to understand their client better. Several partners have reported that hiring a doula was the best decision, they have made. Doula makes the mother exercise every day so she can cope with the labor pain later on while keeping their body flexible. They also help them to understand the responsibilities of parents towards their child.